Thursday, March 19, 2020

Thursday, March 19, 2020

Thursday Greetings Class 220!
Today is March 19th, 2020.
-----------------------------------------------

Mr. M's DAILY VIDEO MESSAGE-
If you haven't seen my new "Daily Video Message," click this link here and check it out: 
Mr. M's Daily Message.

LEXIA CORE-5 LEARNING-
Image result for lexia core 5 readingDon't forget that you should be practicing your literacy skills with Lexia for 20-30 minutes each day (if possible). Try not to do more than this on a daily basis. Spend time on other literacy activities as well (independent reading and coronavirus work packets). I'll be keeping an eye on your progress from home and if you "level up," I'll send you a digital certificate! You can use the Lexia login card I sent home with you and you can login with that information at this web address: https://www.lexiacore5.com/ (Remember, this will be different than using your Clever login. If you lost your Lexia login card, send me an email.)

STORYBOARD THAT-
Image result for storyboard that logoOne way to get creative and practice writing is with "StoryBoard That." Each of you have an account and some of you have used this before. If you haven't, give it a try! Creating your own "graphic novel" through digital storyboarding is fun! If you lost the login card I sent you home with, just email me. Here is a storyboard I made of our class. Can you figure who is who? I'll tell you who is who in a couple days and you can see if you are right.

MY FAVORITE BOOK AS A THIRD GRADER-
When I was in 3rd grade, this was my favorite book! I loved the descriptive language the author used. My favorite part was when the wolf howls in the winter. Plus, the illustrations were so captivating. Even though I can't read it to you in person, I can share it with you here. Have a look and I'll share some questions with you tomorrow.

Well, I am glad we can stay somewhat connected through this School Closure. I'll be sending you messages and videos and blog updates on a daily basis, so keep an eye out! 

                                                                                  Be Responsible, 😷
                                                                                  Mr. M

No comments:

Post a Comment