Monday, March 30, 2020

Monday, March 30, 2020

Monday Greetings Class 220!
Today is March 30th, 2020.
------------------------------------

TODAY'S DAILY VIDEO MESSAGE LINK

KEEP ON WORKING!
Every family has different routines and schedules at home, so I can't ask you to follow anything specific. That said, it is important that you make time EVERY DAY to do some reading, writing, and math work. For now, keep on working through the packets we sent home. Even though the school building is closed, school work is NOT CLOSED. Keep your skills fresh. Here is an example of a daily work plan you could TRY (if you do not have a technology tool available, stick to the paper and pencil work).


Check out these pictures Bran sent along showing how responsible he is towards the organization of his work.






WHAT WILL SCHOOL WORK LOOK LIKE FOR THE REST OF THE YEAR?
This is a BIG QUESTION on many people's minds. While I do not have a specific answer for that just yet, it will be coming soon. Superintendent Libby, Mr. Heraty and us teachers are working with the Vermont Department of Education to determine the best fit for Montpelier-Roxbury students. It won't be as good as being together at UES, but it'll be good enough!

CLASS 220 VIDEO CONFERENCE MEETINGS
Google to upgrade classic Hangout users to Hangouts Chat and Meet ...Last week, I met with many students in a video conference using Google Hangouts Meet. It was SO, SO nice to see your faces. It made me happy and sad at the same time. As I mentioned to you, I'd like to meet together with small groups of classmates each week. Your parents should have received another "invitation" to meet this week. If you do not think they have, please let me know. I can't wait to see you, again!

A HANDFUL OF MOMENTS MISSED
School is awesome! There are so many "little" things about being there that make the BIGNESS of it's AWESOMENESS. Take some time today or tomorrow to write down 5 "little" things you miss about being at school. Here are mine, in descending order:

How to draw a cartoon list
  • (5) I miss the moment I turn around after I set the classroom timer for Math Menu and cue up the Math Menu music. That moment I turn around to see you all getting settled into your daily Math Menu work...so focused and content.
  • (4) I miss seeing my co-workers in the halls, at the copier, on the playground and at meetings. I've got great colleagues at UES.
  • (3) I miss school lunch - the homemade chicken noodle soup, the egg salad sandwiches, and yes, the french toast sticks (shhhhhhh, don't tell anyone 😋). But what I miss most about school lunch is eating with you all.
  • (2) I miss Read Aloud. It has always been a favorite time of day for me. I often feel we are all connected during read aloud.
  • (1) I miss Morning Meetings with you. We take time to listen to see each other and listen to one another. It ALWAYS started the day off right.
LAST WEEK'S CITY DRAWING ART PROMPT
In Friday's Blog Post, I encouraged you to try out THIS step by step city drawing. Rheya gave it a "go." Check out her finished piece!

"MARCH MATHness" - Math Opportunity!
I am a big basketball fan, so, when College Basketball had to cancel the March Madness tournament due to COVID-19, I was disappointed. If you liked College Basketball, you too may have been disappointed.

Greg Tang Math
Fear not, however! You can fulfill your March Madness fix with something just as cool - March MATHness! Greg Tang has a cool opportunity he offers through his website. If you are interested (possible PRIZES!), check it out right here: 
(It may require some adult assistance/internet access at home to get it set up.)


Stay Connected and Stay Safe,
Mr. M
💚

No comments:

Post a Comment